This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 21 November 2016

Random Splurge

Blip for November 20th, 2016
Youth Group
Last night, the youth group met in the church office (it was second meeting of the month since we meet every two weeks; so roughly twice a month). We had a meal together, played a game and one of the elders shared about the importance of being involved in a church. I'm really enjoying being a part of this youth group and being able to help Rhodé and the other leaders out. Whenever I think of the teenagers, I have to think about how important this age group is and how they're all forming their ideas on life and where they stand in their relationship with God. By being a part of their journeys I can at least be able to point them in the right direction. To be totally honest, working with the youth group is one of the highlights of my internship. I'm really grateful for the relationships I've been able to build in the group.

Visitors
In about three weeks, two very important people will be coming to the Netherlands for a visit. These two people are my brother and my father. They're going to be here for two weeks and I'm really looking forwards to being able to spend some time with them, even though my brother's most likely going to be working over that period. Its an incredible answer to prayer because I still haven't decided what I'm going to do over Christmas and New Year's, so having them come and visit is an early Christmas and birthday present (for those of you who don't know, my birthday's a few days before Christmas, though I won't tell you when exactly [if you know, I'd ask you not to mention it]). I still haven't decided what I'm going to do for these holidays (I've still got a few weeks to decide; though there is a chance I don't do anything for the time I'm off), but at least I'll have seen my dad and my brother (I do wish I was seeing my mum and my sister too, but we don't always get everything we want).

Blipfoto for November 17th, 2016
Projects
I'm still working on my embroideries. These two are completed and were the ones I've spent the last nine months or so working on. I had hoped to get them done earlier but I either haven't been bothered or I didn't have the time. I've started on the next one (which I haven't added here, but do head over to my Blipfoto Journal, the extra photo for 17 November 2016 is the beginning of the next cross stitch).

I'm also still doing Some Lines A Day; for those of you who don't know what this is, every day I write a few lines about that day. The idea is that each book has the space to do this for five years. So by the end of the five years (31 December 2020), I'll be able to see what I've been doing on a particular day over the span of five years. Its quite a commitment as I have to write something down each day. At the moment, I've been writing a summery of the day on my iPhone and then when I've got time, I'll copy it over into the book, which is definitely a job for a rainy day. I'm really enjoying it, like the habit of taking a photo every day and uploading that onto Blipfoto, which I'm still doing. In January 2017, I'll have taken a photo every day for three years (its been quite a commitment; if you want to read more about my thoughts on Blipfoto, click here).

Blipfoto for November 21st, 2016
Office Work
I've spent most of this morning finishing off downloading the Sunday School material. I've downloaded slightly more than I needed to, just to give myself some breathing space the next time I need to download the material. Its a slow process because I need download the material from the website, and then sort it out, before uploading it onto the server so that the teachers can access it. I then have to delete the folders I was using to sort out the material before moving it to the server. I'm glad that its about as down as it will be for the next few weeks.

Reunion
Something interesting came up the other week. It looks like there may well be a reunion for my Discipleship Training School DTS at some point during the spring or early summer of next year (now by this, I mean the DTS I was a trainee on, between September 2012 and March 2013... the DTS that took me on outreach to Brazil). I don't know when exactly the reunion is going to be. The dates are still being organised to suit as many of the group as possible. Its going to be weird seeing the people who had a big influence on me; though most of whom I haven't seen in about four years (by the time the reunion takes place it'll be four years since my DTS ended). I'm looking forwards to seeing where everyone is in their lives now. I've kept in contact with a few people from my outreach team and from the school, but it'll definitely be super strange seeing everyone after so many years. I'll be sure to plan a post in about how it goes, along with photos... so keep an eye out for that during the next eight months or so (as I said, the date still hasn't been picked so it could be any time between April and June 2017).