This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 28 November 2016

A Spot of Ink


Over the last few weeks I haven't been writing in my journal as much I would like. Things have been quite busy and I haven't had the energy to write down what I've been up to, or how I've been feeling. I think I didn't like the idea of having a sore left hand and wrist. Interesting fact that most people don't know about me or don't realize; I am left handed (and I'm dyslexic; I have written a post about having dyslexia a few years back, click here to read that). I am going to have to sit down, at some point and write a few really long entries (the subject of these entries are between me and my journal). Writing helps me process my life and figure out the way forwards. Writing helps me keep my mind clear from confusion, on the most part. Sometimes I look back at various entries that I've written in one the journals I have with me. I've had to leave journals in England and Uganda and one day plan to have them all in one place, if I ever settle down and a fixed address for more than a few months (having my own place is still a dream I have). Once I get my own home, I'll have to ship my books to wherever I end up living long term as its too expensive to keep shipping my large collection of books and journals as I travel.

On another note, of which I should write about, yesterday afternoon I went to the gym for the first time in a while. I've not gone to the gym because I haven't had the energy to go (over the last few weeks I've been exhausted). I haven't had the willpower to make myself go. I have wanted to go to the gym, but I was able to talk myself out of going, much to my regret, at the moment. Yesterday, when I woke up, I didn't give myself a choice about whether or not I'd be doing any exercise and thus I went after church. I'm glad I did, as I enjoyed myself, but my muscles are complaining loudly every time I move, which is quite rewarding (and painful) as I know that I did good. I am going back this afternoon and I'm looking forwards to it; the muscle pain not so much, but it's worth it. I'm planning to go as often as I can over the next few weeks. Its very important for my mental and physical health that I fix on my sights on going to the gym on a daily basis between now and the new year (with the exception of Christmas Day and Boxing Day; when the gym is closed). It's also going to be my New Year's resolution for 2017 (I'm writing it here now to help keep myself to it). I need to keep pushing on towards a fitter, healthier me.