This blog is no longer in use!

Saturday 19 November 2016

News


Right, I don't know what to write about. I've rewritten, restarted, this post three times now. I don't know what you want to read about, I don't know what you want to hear about. I find writing about my life quite hard to do now that I live in Europe. My life in Uganda was far more interesting than it is these days.

Nothing much changes from week to week, so my posts tend to look very much like the previous posts I've written. Writing about the weather isn't a whole lot of fun either. I also don't see the point writing about what I think of US presidential elections (despite the face that I didn't get whole lot of sleep over November 8; thanks to the uncertainty of who'd win) or some other topics along the lines of politics. I'm no politician. I also don't think you'll be interested in reading any of the conspiracies I believe are true.

I've been wanting to write about other stuff, but for some reason I end up writing about topics that get me into trouble with some of my readers. I know that if I didn't have an audience to write for I'd still write here. I have thought about starting a YouTube channel to document my life in a different way. However, when my computer stopped working six weeks ago (or there about), I got a very clear answer to that (as I want to use my own computer to edit my footage). Maybe once I get my computer sorted out I can the software, but at the moment that's not happening.

Internship
The internship is still going well. I've been busy downloading the Sunday School material, as well as organizing the accommodation for the Connect Conference in Sidcup that starts today. I'm not going but I've spent the last few months working on making sure that there's accommodation available for those who want it. I've also sorting accommodation out for the Academy trip to England in January.

Yesterday we went to Josh's new house. Josh is one of my colleagues. As an office team we helped laying the flooring down in his new place. It was a good deal of fun but I ended up scratching up my hands. The crazy thing is that Josh lives in the village I lived in when my family and I lived here in the Netherlands ten years ago. The whole place has changed so much since I left. I have a funny feeling that the two houses we lived in have been knocked down and are being rebuilt as new houses. In a way I'm grateful that the houses aren't there because of the memories. I would add some photos but my iPad isn't letting me add or edit photos to my posts, thankfully the first photo of this post is in place. Anyway, I'll write again next week, with hopefully something more interesting than today's post.