This blog is no longer in use!

Tuesday 30 August 2016

The Last Throwback Post To My South Africa Holiday

I think I've more or less covered the stories I've wanted to share about my time in South Africa. A lot happened that I don't feel comfortable sharing on such a public place. Though there are a few things I do want to cover before I move on to another chapter of my life.

One of the things I was able to do whilst I was in South Africa was going to my parents' church. They were part of a new church plant in Hoespruit since I left the country three years ago (can't believe how fast time has gone). They felt that they were to co-plant this particular church with a couple God brought into Hoedspruit. I've heard a lot about the Gathering Place, as its called, and I'm glad I got the chance to be to go to a service (which are held in the evenings) there and to meet the couple who are leading the church.

The other thing I want to write briefly about is how grateful I am to have been able to spend some time with a good friend of mine, Rita. We met when I was helping out at the Hoedspruit Christian School. We kinda clicked and would go out for coffee regularly in the days when I lived in South Africa. We've been in communication ever since I left. I was fortunate enough to see her more than once during my visit. We'd end up talking for hours and never run out of things to talk about. Usually we'd end up running out time to talk about life. I'm so grateful for her and our friendship!