This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 8 August 2016

Looking Back; Looking Forwards

My parents in Silhouette at Lisbon Falls, near Graskop South Africa
I'm so Grateful They Still Love Each Other and God
News
I can't believe how quickly my holiday in South Africa went by. I'm in my office again, here at Heidebeek. Its been exciting what God did in me whilst I was down there with my parents. He's started preparing me for my move to The Hague Den Haag. Its going to be the first time I'm going to be working outside of Youth With A Mission YWAM, without planning to join another base, since I did my Discipleship Training School back in 2012. I'm really excited about moving back to a city but at the same time I'm shaking inside. Moving to Den Haag is moving out of my comfort zone. I've gotten comfortable being in YWAM because I know how everything works; I know what's expected of me. So moving to a new city to do something completely new is scary. Yet at the same time, God is in control. He didn't ask me to serve Him where I feel comfortable, but has asked me to be willing to step out of my comfort zone and into whatever He has planned for me. He holds my future in His hands and I feel that moving to Den Haag is the start of something good.

This zebra colt walked right past me

Revelation
One thing that God has really impressed upon me over the last few weeks is that I've been called to be radical. Radical in everything. Not just my faith and what I do, but being willing to go against the grain with my entire life. I've also been on a journey of accepting myself the way God made me. Its why I've started growing my hair out and have been wearing makeup more. Its why I've been exercising more regularly and eating healthy again (no high fat, sugary foods or carbohydrates like potatoes, rice, spaghetti, etc). I'm feeling more comfortable in my skin but have a long way still to go.

Traveling Grace
Thankfully God made sure I got back to Herdershof alright. My flight from Johannesburg was on time, so I didn't miss my flight to Amsterdam. My suitcase made it through as well and was waiting for me on the conveyer belt. It did take longer getting out of Schipol than it should have done. I almost left one of my pieces of hand luggage on my plane from London but thankfully I noticed almost as soon as I was off the place. I had to walk to the other side of the airport in search of a flight of stairs going down to immigration and baggage reclaim as a number of the stairs were out of service (or something, you never know with airports). Once I was through customs, I had to walk all the way back (on the arrivals hall) to find the conveyer belt that had the luggage from my flight. Thankfully I didn't have to wait long for my suitcase. I then caught a train to Zwolle and got a taxi home. I spent the last few days resting after my 26+ hour journey from Hoedspruit. I'm still a bit tired but God is in control and is looking after me. He's always looking after me. He's a good God who love me so much! He's spent the last two weeks showing me how deeply He cares! He's given me wise parents who love me unconditionally (even when I've messed up).

Until next time, dear reader.