This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 29 August 2016

Moving Again Soon

Today is Monday, the last Monday of August. Its also my last Monday in Epe and my last Monday at Herdershof. The day of my departure for The Hague gets closer and closer. I leave in less than five days time... this Friday, actually. I'm going to spend the weekend in the room of someone from the church (whilst she's away)... but more on the plan for the next few weeks later on in this post. Its becoming much more real for me and in some areas its both exciting and scary. I'm excited about moving back to a bustling city and working with such a vibrant church, Redeemer International Church. On Saturday, I traveled over to Den Haag to see my host family. We wanted to meet up before I arrive, to get to know each other. My hosts are a young family with two kids are both under 4 years old who are both energetic and sweet. We spent hours over dinner getting to know each other. They've given me a bedroom in their attic (yes, 99% of all Dutch homes have attics that are used as either bedrooms, laundry rooms or office rooms) to use during the ten months of my internship with Redeemer. So I've got a place to stay for the duration of my time in Den Haag, which I'm happy about (one of the handy parts of where my hosts live is that it's really easy to get to the centre of Den Haag from my hosts' house by bus).

The plan is that I'm going to move to Den Haag this Friday to spend the first weekend in the apartment from someone I know from the church. Then on next week on Monday, 4 September, I'm flying to the UK for six days. This is for a training camp that's part of the internship I'm doing. I'm really looking forwards to being back in the UK, even for a short time.

Looking back over the last two weeks, since the GOTeams ended, I've spent a lot of my time over the last few weeks packing my stuff up. I've accumulated a lot of things over the last year and its been quite an ordeal going through everything deciding what needs getting rid of. I don't have a car or a driver's licence (that's a story I'm not going to go into now), so can't pack a car full of things. I've more or less succeeded in sorting out and packing.

I got stuff to do so I'd best be off. Until next time!