This blog is no longer in use!

Friday 12 August 2016

Three Weeks To Go!!

The Heather's In Bloom!!
As you probably have guessed, I'm super exciting about the internship I'm going to be starting in The Hague Den Haag. I'm a city girl at heart and have really missed the bustle of a busy city. So moving to Den Haag is something I'm looking forwards to... however it's not just about being back in a city that I'm looking forwards to. I'm really looking forwards to doing this internship at Redeemer International Church. If the truth be told, I've never done an internship before and the church hasn't had an intern at the church doing this particular internship. So I'm really looking forwards to being involved with helping the church. Its a beautiful church and if you're ever in Den Haag on a Sunday morning you're more than welcome to drop in. The Sunday service starts at 10 o'clock at Niewe Kerk. The services are in English but translation is available if you ned it (to visit the church website, click here). I'll still be posting regularly on here throughout my internship at Redeemer. I must just point out that there are some things I've enjoyed about living in the countryside; like the forest and the heather fields. When I go running I usually go into the forest and through the heather fields. Though one thing I've learned is that Sunday is an extremely popular day to go for a bike ride through the heather fields. So I've been having to dodge bikers and dog walkers. Now that I've got some time to pack I'll still be finding time to run when people are generally at work (as this will mean that the bike paths will be quiet).

Carl, Lianne, me, Maartje and Bas
Yesterday we had the final meeting for the GOTeams 2016 season, which also brings means that my time with the department has come to an end (I've still got a few weeks at Herdershof to pack for Den Haag). We finished cleaning up after the debrief, there was some stuff that needed putting away and two bungalows needed a quick clean, there was also some things that needed sorting out before we left for an early dinner. There was five of us who went to this posh restaurant in Epe. Bas and his wife, Maartje; Carl, Lianne and myself. It was a lot of fun as we spent the time letting off some post GOTeams steam. I think we were one of the more rowdy tables there (thankfully we weren't too rowdy that we were asked to leave). I'm going to miss working with the guys. They've been a lot of fun to work with... and have showed me a lot about how things work when it comes to working with young people and preparing outreaches for the teams. From what I heard they all had an epic time away and have many stories (I heard a few stories of how God looked after the different teams) to tell their families. I can't help but wonder how many will end up doing Discipleship Training School DTSs at some point... or will go into missions with other organisations.

Anyway, I've got some things to do today. Until next time.