This blog is no longer in use!

Friday 2 June 2017

Internship Checking Out!!!

The Sunset A Few Weeks Ago
Believe it or not, it has been almost ten months since I moved from Epe to The Hague Den Haag to join Redeemer International Church as an intern with NewGround's Impact Year. Its been an incredible season in my life. A season full of surprises and blessings, a season of growth that has been full of obstacles and hurdles to overcome. I'm extremely glad that I did do Impact in the end (even though I didn't want to do it when I first applied). So I'd like to take this opportunity to look back on the last nine and a half months before I start rambling on about the next step; something that I'm gonna dedicate a whole post to what I'm planning to do next, which will probably be posted  at some point over the next two or three weeks, I'll probably post the link through to Facebook, as I usually do.

My Biking Companion
Looking back, I'm glad that I've done Impact. Its been a challenging year in many areas and in many ways. One of the biggest things that has changed in the last year, other than my relationship status, is that my relationship with God has deepened greatly. One thing God has really been showing me is how important it is to love people, even if I don't feel like loving them. Its easy to love people who are loveable, like our partner, friends, family and those who we care about. Its a whole different matter when it comes to those who irate us, or get on our nerves. There are a few people like this who I've come into contact since I started impact. Choosing to love these people, and not let them get under my skin, has been a challenge. Its something I'm still learning to do... having to choose to love these people rather than make their lives miserable (which is something I could so easily do).

I've learned that working outside my comfort zone is something that I shouldn't be scared of, but something that I step into every now and then. I've been given I used to hate stepping outside of my comfort zone because bad things usually would happen when I did. Now, I actually enjoy rising to the challenges I've faced when I've stepped out of my comfort zone. In a way, my comfort zone has gotten larger and more flexible. I don't feel like I'm hiding so much anymore. I used to hide a lot behind a wall I erected around myself, because I didn't want people to get too close to me. This has generally been through the heavy use of my iPhone and iPad. I'm still quite particular about who I trust, but I've had to teach myself not to shut the whole world out and try to figure things out on my own. Its still a work in progress and probably will be over the next few years.

Until next time... goodbye.