This blog is no longer in use!

Friday 26 May 2017

Love God Greatly; Send Me

One of the things that I learned over the years is that only one thing matters. I need to choose to remain in the will of God, indifferent to what those around me say I should or shouldn't be doing. I've come across this a few times in my life, when I've been on the cusp of making a life changing decision and I've felt torn between two parties. One says that I shouldn't be making that decision because I am where God wants me. Whilst the other says that the decision I'm about to make is the right decision. This has made the decision really hard to make because both parties were made up of people who were I respected and who's authority I was under. I'm not asking for a discussion about your thoughts on what I should have done... I can't go back and change the past but the decisions I've made up until now have been based on my relationship with God. There are people who I bounce my thoughts and prayer requests off because I know they'll confirm whatever or not what I've received is something I need to pursue. There's something I remember something that a friend said during the lecture phase of my Discipleship Training School DTS. She said that I shouldn't be totally dependant on the words of knowledge from other people as the main source of God speaking to me. She had a point. At the time I was too dependant on what other people were saying to me, because I couldn't hear God for myself. It was during the outreach to Brazil the team I went with prayed into this and after that God started speaking very clearly to me.

If God wants me to stay in the Netherlands, then this is where He has chosen to send me... but if He sends me somewhere else, then that's my mission field. Its a choice to follow the Good Shepherd, even if it means staying in Europe rather than going else where.