This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 12 December 2016

Official Member

An Amsterdam Canal
Official Member of Redeemer
Yesterday was also quite an important day for me. I officially became a member of Redeemer International Church, The Hague. I don't know what my plans are after the internship finishes but I felt that it was important that I make sure I put my roots down whilst I'm, in case I do stay longer (something that I'm heavily leaning towards at the moment). Over the last few years I've never bothered with becoming a member of the church I was going to because I knew I had other higher priorities... like outreaches and stuff. Redeemer is the first church I've become a member in my own right. Its a big deal for me. I feel like this is where I belong. I'm still not sure what's happening after my year with Redeemer is done but I'm talking with God about what my next step is going to be.

Work
Office work is still busy, I've been helping sort something out for the Sunday school registration and preparing the January Newsletter that gets sent to everyone in the church. I'm not going to be in the office until mid-January (once the office is closed after Christmas) due to having some time off and going to England for Impact Training. So I've been working on getting the newsletter done before Christmas in thirteen days time... it'll get sent out right before the New Year begins. I've also been doing some stuff with the church's social media websites (so posting photos and captions on Instagram, Facebook, etc). I'm enjoying my work. When there's an odd job or errand that needs to be done, I'm usually the one who ends up doing it. Though I am learning not to take every task on, otherwise I'll be overwhelmed.

Caleb
Family
About six weeks ago (roughly) I heard that my father and brother, Caleb, had booked their tickets to the Netherlands for two weeks. Caleb wanted to work and papa wanted to see both my grandmother and myself. However, soon after this, my dad had an accident, he did something to his leg and couldn't walk. He waited until right before the flight to make the decision to change his travel dates (he's coming in January; more will be announced at a later date) as his leg took ages healing. So Caleb traveled to the Netherlands on his own and arrived six days ago. We made plans and then spent some time together in Amsterdam. We met up at The Hague Central Station and then went through to Amsterdam for a few hours. Caleb really loves Amsterdam and couldn't wait a week to go. So I had to rearrange some plans so that we could do this. He's really grown up now (see the photo below) and towers over me when we're standing next to each other (I don't think he's finished growing). I felt safe with him when we were walking through the streets of Amsterdam. We're going to be spending some time this weekend and we're also planning to see our grandmother, so it's going to be a super busy few days that we're together.

Feed back!
I've written a survey to tailor my posts to what you'd like to read about. So far, I've only had one response and I'd love to have a few more from you... so if you have a few moments, please take the time to help me out, by clicking here. The reason I'm doing this is because I would like you to have the space to say what you'd like to read on my blog... its a bit tricky trying to predict what you want to read without help and if you don't write anything on the survey, I won't be able to tailor my posts.