This blog is no longer in use!

Wednesday 3 December 2014

News Feed

Fireworks on 5 November
Walking down Oxford and Regent Streets today, I realised all over again, how big an effect this city has had on my life and how the people I live with have changed me so much. I've lived in London for eight months now, but every day I've come to see as a blessing because I'm always learning so much about God and those I'm living with. Being a part of the house staff has something very special about it. Even though I'm the youngest of the house staff, my age doesn't place any weight on my role in the house. The students will be leaving on mini outreach to Luton next week. Like what happened on my outreach, the students won't be going with any of the school staff, rather they'll be spending their outreach stepping out as leaders, though two of the students will be over seeing the leadership of the team.

Guy Folks Fireworks
Part of the reason I'm writing this post now, and not in a few days time (closer to when the school leaves on outreach), is because tonight is my last night at the YWAM London base. Tomorrow evening I'm travelling to London Heathrow to catch my flight to Uganda. I'm heading over to Heathrow in the evening because the Underground doesn't run when I need to travel to the airport, so I'm going when it is running so that I do get there. Yes. I'm going back to Uganda for the first time in about two years and three months. I left Uganda in September 2012 to go join YWAM Heidebeek, the Netherlands. I haven't been back since then and I must say that it still hasn't totally hit me that I'm actually going back. Its been a rather vague dream that I'll heading back to the country I grew up in. Yes, I'm really looking forwards to it, but I can honestly say that I'm really looking forwards to coming back to London and joining the base again next year.

One of the joys of living in a strong Christian community is that my relationship with God has gotten that much stronger. They've all had some part in encouraging me in my walk with Him. Because there are so many different nationalities and countries represented, everyone has their own opinions. It adds to the joy of living with these incredible people. I'm definitely going to miss them when I'm away and I'm really looking forwards to seeing them all again in a few weeks time! I'm looking forwards to hearing all their stories too!

Hopefully I'll be able to post something over the next few weeks!