This blog is no longer in use!

Sunday 7 December 2014

I'm Back In Uganda

The view from my parents' land
I still can't believe that I'm actually back in Uganda after about two years and three months. I've been praying about coming back since I finished my DTS (Discipleship Training School) back in March 2013. However I didn't think think the time was right, until now.

It's was quite an ordeal getting here. Hannah missed the flight to Uganda because her flight from Paris to Amsterdam was delayed, so the computer system at Schipol automatically moved her and her luggage to the next flight out, which left at 9pm (Dutch time). I had made the flight to Uganda which meant that we didn't end up flying together, which had been the whole plan. So she flew with Kenya Airways and had to change at Nairobi. I must say that KLM is an amazing airline to fly with. Even though I've flown via Kigali, Rwanda before, this experience was so much better than the previous time. The cabin crew on both flights were great. I do admire how smoothly they can flick between English and Dutch.

One of my brother's first catches... it was released again!
Hannah arrived in Uganda on Saturday morning and soon after we traveled to Kampala, before driving through to my parents' land near Jinja. Its really nice being here, but I'm still adjusting to being here. I'm not used to the lack of noise level, compared to London, but all in all, I'm enjoying being back in Uganda!

Caleb's in his element being back, as you can see by the photo on the right. He loves snakes and has the knack of knowing if they're poisonous, semi-poisonous or harmless. He's also extremely fast so can catch them with lightning speed, so that they almost don't know what's hit them... This snake was released soon after he caught it! No one was harmed in the process, nor was the snake!

Tomorrow we're heading back to Kampala before heading to the Kenyan coast for our family holiday. A school friend of Caleb's, will be joining us. I'm really looking forwards to the next few weeks, and I'm glad to be with the family again after almost year since we were last together.