This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 9 June 2014

Memories


The last few days have had memories made and when memories of events of years past have been undusted.


First things first. On Friday, we took part in an evangelism event in Wembley, outside the football stadium. Some of you may know that the band, One Direction, are currently on tour and were in London on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We've finished the films (click here to see them) we were working on for our media project and had made business cards with the web address on the back. We were handing these out to young One Direction fans. I think the biggest story of the evening was how God answered my prayers. I'd been praying that God would make a way for us to put these business cards into the hands of the band. I was in a team with two of the students from the LMD, Melissa and Ezequial. I'd told Melissa what I'd been praying and within twenty minutes of me telling her, we saw two do the band walking towards the stadium, surrounded by police and screaming fans. For me, it didn't register who they were, but Melissa did. She flew after them with Ezequel on her heels. I realized I was alone and went to the edge of the parkway. I was praying and decided to make my way towards the stadium. At one point I turned around and saw Melissa running towards me. Something was going on. So I ran to meet her. "I gave them the cards!!" (Or something like that) Melissa told me. I was shocked. This is roughly what happened: Melissa had been able to give the business cards to two of the 1D band. One had been interested when Melissa said she had something for them. So the other had taken the cards from Melissa, because he was closest to her. He asked what they were and she pointed to the web address. They'd been forced to go on at this point. When Melissa told me we danced on the street, jumping and praised God. So be careful what you pray for!


Then on Saturday evening, after having a rather exhausting, but fun, morning with King's Kids (the first photo's of where we usually have King's Kids), Mary and I decided to go to the One Direction concert. It was a first for me. I've never been to a concert before and I've never been inside a stadium before. It was incredible. I really enjoyed and I must say that there must be quite a few fans who won't be able to talk properly for weeks and also quite a few people who will be a bit deaf from all the screaming from the fans next to them.

Yesterday morning, I went off to Heathrow Airport to collect one of my DTS friends from North Ireland, Amy. It took me two hours getting to the airport from the moment I walked out the door due to works on the Jubilee line (the Underground line we use to get into London) so I resorted to use the bus and then a long route on the Tube to get to Terminal 1. Amy was waiting for me. Thus began an incredible weekend of reminiscing about DTS and some of the crazy memories from the six months we were in YWAM together. Amy went to Central Europe on outreach whilst I went to Brazil. At one point yesterday afternoon, we went through my outreach photos. It was a lot of fun, because we both knew everyone in my team and some of the pictures got a good laugh out of both of us.