This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 23 June 2014

Let's Go!!


On Wednesday, the outreach starts. Its hard to believe how fast the last few months have gone by. Its hard to belive that it's already almost July. With the outreach starting I should at least say what the next few weeks will be looking like. We're going to be spending about two weeks with the DTS at Station Road and go through the outreach preparation together before they leave for Germany. One of the LMD's is going with them on outreach, those of us who aren't going with the DTS are either going to Scotland with the Wildfire (King's Kids) team, or are envolved with other things. I'm really looking forwards to going to Scotland, for a number of reasons. I have Scots blood running through my blood, which comes from both sides of my parents (mum's Murray and papa's Mackenzie), and I'm also looking forwards to working with the kids who will be coming. We're going to be doing evangelism during the event. Out of the six LMD students, only me and one of the others will be in Scotland, as the others will be involved in different things here in London or abroad. We'll be going to Glasgow with one of the staff who's been actively involved with King's Kids, here in London.


This last weekend I've been on work duties. It's forced me to look at my packing and the sorting out of my things, which is something I really don't like doing. I'm borrowing a hikers backpack from one of my roommates (she's doing the art internship) and I spent some time yesterday focusing on packing that, and now I don't have an awful lot left to do before we leave for Station Road.

As this page turns, I look back over the last few months. It's incredible actually being in London. The novelty hasn't begun to wear off, yet, and I'm still enjoying being in such a vibrant, international city. It's so different from the little town of Hoedspruit, South Africa. I don't thing you can find such a huge difference between two places. I'm really glad I had the few weeks between leaving Hoedspruit and coming to London. It softened the culture shock considerably. I've also learnt a lot from living in such an international community. With people from so many different countries and cultures it's really insightful learning so much from these incredible people.

Until next time!