This blog is no longer in use!

Tuesday 19 July 2016

The Future

The Building the Church Meets In
I think many of you have been wondering what my plans are when I leave Youth With A Mission YWAM Heidebeek in September. The next step is me moving to Den Haag (The Hague). I'm going to be doing an internship with an English speaking, international church, called Redeemer. Its a beautiful church and I really enjoyed visiting the first time I went with my parents. 

I'll walk you through the process of getting to this decision because I know I've not really posted anything anywhere about doing this. I first heard about the internship when my parents visited, back in March, my dad suggested I look into doing an internship with Redeemer and in all honesty, I didn't want to do it. Looking back, I think I was going through a brief phase when I didn't want to do anything anyone else suggested I do. Its not the best place to be, especially when big decisions need to be made. You need people around you to help advise you and pray with you about things.

However, after much thought and prayer on the subject, God has changed my mind on this. It took some convincing though. I wrote to the man, Tjitze, running the internship and asked for more information. Once I got the information, I thought it through, before making an appoint to Skype Tjitze.

A few weeks after we'd Skype-d, Tjitze asked me to travel to Den Haag to have a talk with him and one of the other office staff about the internship. So we made an appointment, which I'd gotten the day off at Heidebeek for. I also spent the weekend with friends of the family who live in Den Haag and go to Redeemer themselves. The lady had sent me an email right at the beginning of this process with Tjitze's contact details. After the talk in Den Haag, I filed in the application and sent it to the Headquarters in the UK and within days I heard I'd been accepted...

So, the plan is as follows: in September I'm moving to Den Haag, to live with a family from the church for the ten month internship, and after the internship ends in July 2017, I don't know what I'll do from there. I'll keep writing here, as regularly as I can... so stay tuned.