This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 11 July 2016

Life Outside The Office

Life is beautiful, there are certain times of the day when the beauty of God's creation is stronger than at other times, I find. I went running this morning, so that my day started on a good note and I have that funny feeling that if I don't run first thing over the next ten days then I won't have time to go running.  Its also really quiet first thing in the morning so I don't have to worry about running into anyone who'll likely comment on my exercising. Its the first time I've been running in the morning in a very long time. It felt good, it still feels good. I saw four or five wild pigs this morning from a distance. Its funny, I've lived here ten months now and in the space of a week I've seen five. The first one I saw, last week, ran right in front of my bike as I was heading back to the base after lunch and gave me quite a shock. It ran up into the forest after it crossed my path. I had a car right behind me so I couldn't stop and take a photo of it. The photo I took this morning of the wild pig isn't good quality because I took it from a distance (iPhone zoom isn't good quality) so you can barely make out what the creature is.

Given that I'm one of those people who have the knack of remembering dates and the like, I thought write about an interesting fact that falls on today's date. Today marks the one year anniversary since I moved to the Netherlands. Frankly, when I got off the ferry at the Hook of Holland, I never thought I'd end up staying so long and that I might end up staying years longer than I'd originally planned (when I arrived in the Netherlands, I'd planned to stay until the end of the School of Intercessory Prayer SOIP) and now I've been here a year. My plans are changing and in a direction that I hadn't planned on taking when my dad proposed the idea back at the end of March. I've still got emails to write to people so I won't post anything here for the moment about the next step I'm planning to take but I'll aim to let you know before the end of the month (probably when I'm in South Africa with my family, if I get time).

Until next time!