This blog is no longer in use!

Saturday 12 September 2015

When All Of The Lights...

There's nothing quite like watching the sun sink behind the rim of the earth. The colors and the patterns caused by the clouds is breath taking, but sometimes we either don't see the sun disappear because we can't see through the rain, but because we can't see the sun doesn't mean that the sun isn't there, doesn't make the sun any beautiful. I've spent my life watching the world around me, marveling at how much we all need God so desperately. I've often wondering if we'd ever survive without God's intervention in our lives. So often I've wondered why I've thought I make it on my own without any help, but to be honest, I've not liked where I've ended up. Let's just say, it was dark and scary, a place of depression and loneliness, a place that I never hope to see again, but have seen often enough, even at a distance. Its a place I hope that I'll never return to; nor is it a place that I pray no one else has to suffer alone, like I did.

As I write this, I look towards to the next step in my life story, with great excitement; it's a step that's only a matter of a week and half away, and I'm thrilled about heading back to Youth With A Mission YWAM Heidebeek (where I did my Discipleship Training School DTS all those years ago). However, it's also an opportunity to look back on my journey up until this point. Yes, I've lived and seen things, experienced things, that the "normal" young adult wouldn't have to live through. I guess it comes with being the daughter of missionaries in Africa. I've seen so much there, but it's not a life I'd exchange for any other, no matter how tough it's been at times. I mean, I got to live in a country full of beautiful, welcoming people, who taught me so much about life. So many families had been effected by the Lord's Resistance Army LRA, or by the civil war that rocked Uganda after independence in the early 1960's. There were times when, after I was born, my parents would have to run into the corridor and lay down on the floor, with me, because there was gunfire outside the house. Thankfully, it is no longer like that. Uganda, as a nation, has made a total one hundred and eighty degree turn from those early days of instability (author's note: if you ever have the money and the time, Uganda should definitely be worth a visit). I know I'll never move back to Uganda as a missionary, or otherwise. , but I'll still call Uganda the place I grew up in. My future still isn't certain, but I know God is already there and has great things planned for me!