This blog is no longer in use!

Saturday 5 September 2015

Just A Random Post

Raya
There's been a lot of swirling around in my head over the last few weeks. Yeah, my life is quiet right now; its very almost the completely mirror opposite to what my life was like in London. I love it here; the peace, the quietness and the odd the jobs that Joyce gives me to do each day. I love it here. I've been able to gather my thoughts about a lot of different things. It's also given me a chance to have some really deep conversations with my sister, Hannah, who works in Paris as a chef.

One thing that I've realized how grateful I am about is my relationship with my sister. We're two years apart and have shared so many different memories despite the fact that we're like salt and pepper in so many areas. As little girls we used to fit like a pair of cats, but as we got older it subconsciously dawned on both of us that, actually, God had given us each other as a friend. When I chose to leave boarding school, aged 18, Hannah stayed on to finish her last year of school (a year that I should have done but didn't), our relationship took off. We still shared a room in Kampala, yet the distance and the lack of contact due to business of both sides, caused us to gravitate to each other when we were together. We've spent a lot of time talking about different things that have been passing through our minds right now.

There have been a change since my last post. The couple who were renting the apartment that my room is adjoining to, left this morning, really early. They've moved into their own place. They got married about two and a half years ago and this was their first place together. Raya (pictured) is their dog, she's a really funny German Shepherd as she'd make a bit of a racket when anyone would come up the stairs (either by winning, barking or both). So now that they've moved out of the apartment, it's a lot more quiet.

Two weeks and three days (or there about) to go before the School of Intercessory Prayer SOIP starts. But then again, I'm not really counting down. I'm enjoying my time here in the Dutch border region a bit too much!