This blog is no longer in use!

Thursday 9 January 2014

Peace And Praise


It has been one of those day when I realized, afresh, that God cares about me and my desire to serve Him. I was reminded of the sparrows and that God cares about me more. He looks after me, and I know that even if I don't get my visa, He will always be my God. It's hard to say, let alone think because I'm sure God has lead me to apply to YWAM in Australia. If I don't get the visa it would be another lesson for me to learn. I have chosen that whatever happens He is still my God.

Since I submitted my visa I've had peace about it, but still had my moments, when I've balked a little bit at the idea that, after this long process, I might not get it. Yet, every day afresh, I am reminded that His Grace is sufficient for me... today. He'll walk with me through each day. It's my human nature that causes me to fear, but God doesn't want me to fear my visa application's rejection. He wants me to be totally dependent on Him. All I can do is pray, trust and leave the rest up to Him. Sometimes that's easier said than done...

Over the last few days we've been settling into life in Hoedspuit. Caleb started grade nine this week. Over breakfast, the other morning, he said that he was ready for the new academic year. For me to see my brother in grade nine makes me wonder where the time has gone to. It seems like yesterday that I was his age... Now he's taller than me and is fast approaching my father's hight (6 ft. 2). He's definitely got that from the Dutch side of the family.

If you are a bit confused by here, let me explain, South African schools start in January, as the South Hemisphere's winter is Northern Hemisphere's summer whilst South Hemisphere's summer is over the Northern Hemisphere's winter. Its a case of back to front, or you could say its a some type of weather mirror as it were, autumn (fall) is the begging of the school year and summer brings the end ... In some countries, where there's no summer and winter, it can get a bit confusing. Uganda's one of them. Uganda has two seasons, twice a year. There's rainy season, then dry season and so on. The international schools run their academic year according the North Hemisphere's schooling systems (British, American and International Baccalaureate Diploma) whilst the local schools run their school year (according to a local curriculum) according to the South Hemisphere's school year.

Hannah has also started her last cooking course at Le Cordon Bleu, just the other day. She was ever so excited about what she's going to learn over the next few months, with the goal of being placed very well by the chefs and getting a very good work placement.

People wonder what I'm doing these days. now that Christmas and New Year have both slipped by. Well, I'm at home, doing some housework and helping mum. I never realised that a house with a thatched roof was so hard to keep clean. I'm learning a lot from being here. And I'm still trusting God to provide my visa.

Until next time...