This blog is no longer in use!

Thursday 16 January 2014

Just Days Away (I Hope)


The wait has been a real trial, a lesson I've had to learn. Twelve months ago I was in Brazil, Belo Horizonte, if I'm correct... I've grown so much over the course of the last year... It has been quite a journey and though, I must say that much of the last few months has included long stints of waiting and few occasions of rushing around to print, photocopy, certify and scan the documents to send them back as quickly as possible. For me, it's been a really walk of faith, and trust, that this is what God wants for me right now. I've never had to deal with a process like this before. I never had this issue before... we were always travelling back and forth to Kenya, usually within the three months I had was allowed to stay in Uganda. I remember one time I was threatened by the immigrations officer, on the Ugandan side of the border, with a fine for having so many visitor's visas in my passport. That fine never did materialise, thankfully.

Nothing much has happened in the last week or so, in regards to hearing about my visa. Even though I had been able to get a new South African visa in my passport, which expires at the end of January, my father and I stillr went to the nearest home affairs office to have my visa extended. It was another occasion of running around making sure I had all the right documents... And the right amount of photocopies. It took time but I'm legally safe, for now. I have a slip of paper in my passport saying that I'm waiting for the South African visa to be granted. This takes the pressure off me, in regards to having to leave South Africa before 27 January 2014. I really don't have any intension of another crazy border escapade into Mozambique or Swaziland. One time doing this twice (one time across each border) was chaotic and nerve wrecking enough.

Until next time...

P.S. The photos are of a mushroom outside my parents' room and a warthog walking past my window. This one's siblings got very scared of the shutter sound so I had to turn it off before I could get a nice one. Warthogs are funny animals.