This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 3 April 2017

Life Is For The Living

Life is a gift that we so often take for granted. I've realised, more and more, how precious life is and how I've been taking it for granted.

Spring is coming and the world is slowly warming up. I've been watching how the effect of the sun on the plants around me. I normally bike to work each day and I've been watching how the plants and trees are slowly growing new leaves and flowers. I love it. I love spring for the beauty of new life. It's something I took for granted when I lived in Uganda. It was always hot out there and I took that for granted. As Europe emerges from winter's cold grip, I can't help but look forwards to long days and a lot of sunshine. I love the sun's warmth.

Now, what does this have to do with my life? Well, we all have seasons of darkness, winter, in our lives and I feel like I've finally started coming out of a season of deep winter. It's something that taken a few months of slow progress, basically since January, but I'm a lot happier now than I was back in November, when I had depression. People all seem to have assumptions and ideas about the reasons why I'm so much happier. I think part of the reason for this change is that I've started going back to the gym on a slightly more regular basis than I have been. The weather has also heated enough to leave my winter jacket at home when I head to the office... I'm not sure how long this beautiful weather is going to last for but I'm taking full advantage of it. I'm one of those people who is affected by the weather and the amount of sunlight that I can soak up and how long the days are. Given that the clocks have been moved forwards by an hour (on Sunday 26 March) and this has really had a good effect on me.

I'll write again soon.

Do take a moment to fill in this survey in for me. It would be interesting to see what your thoughts are on the changes I've been making over the last few months. I'm planning to close the survey by the time I leave for Spain on 23 April.