This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 3 March 2014

A Quick Update


I still don't have the news I know everyone, including myself, are wanting to hear. The news about what's happening next in my life. I was due to speak to YWAM London today but we have rescheduled the call due to a DTS team arriving at the base today and the students were expected to either be unpacking or resting, but it turned out to be busier than expected. So the Skype call has been set for tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous about it but I trust that everything is in The Lord's hands. He's in control of my life and I'm looking forwards to what the future holds, even if it means staying in South Africa, for the moment, doing whatever The Lord wants me to do here.

I'm one of those people who would love to have the next few years of my life planned out, so when people ask what I'm doing with my life and what my future looks like, I can answer them with more than: "I don't know exactly what's going to happen, but I'm hoping to do this, or that" but you know what but The Lord does know every detail of my life, and He holds me in His hands. Even though the worry about what's going to me when my patents leave on furlough is intense at times, I've had to keep stopping myself from focusing on what's going to happen when my parents leave and refocusing on God. As I was walking today, I was thinking a few things over, and praying. I set out feeling worried about what's going to happen next week and how things are going come together. I was also nervous about some if the fine details. I'm one of those people who are more of a thinker than anything else, so when I set out to do something I like knowing exactly detail before I start. Sometimes it's a real challenge for me to lay everything down. As I walked home, I had to do this again. I had to make that choice to lay everything down again. A deep sense of peace had settled on my heart by the time I got home.

I do know that at some point I'll be going back to England, my maternal home. My parents are leaving and I'm was hoping to travel on the same day as them, but now it's doesn't look likely. They're planning on being in Paris for my sister's graduation, as well as traveling to the Netherlands to see my paternal grandmother. They're going to be doing some information nights in both the UK and in the Netherlands. It's the first time in years that they're doing it together, just the two of them. It's always been the five of us traveling together from place to place. Two months in Europe, and almost every night we're in a new place. In a way, I'm glad I'm not going to be traveling around with them, but at the same time I'm incredibly proud of them both and their commitment. The last few weeks have been extremely busy for them as they've been sorting out flight dates, train times, transport and accommodation in England and Holland, information evenings and stuff like that. I don't think I've realized, up to now, what they have to organize before they even leave the country. There's a lot of small print that's involved. They've been talking about it for quite a while now, as well as doing tones of communication.

Please watch this space as I'll post again soon when I have some more information about the next step in my adventures!