This blog is no longer in use!

Friday 15 September 2017

The Wait

The last six days have been quiet with nothing much going on. Well beyond being slightly unwell due to a bug or something that's been going around. Thankfully, we're both doing a lot better now.

As of publishing this post, Andy and I still don't have jobs. They should either phone or email. I haven't had either... so I have no idea if the jobs I've applied for are still processing my CV and references, or if the position's already taken by someone else. They'll only contact us if they want one of us to come in for an interview. We're still looking for work and praying that the right jobs will turn up for both of. The waiting has been hard on both of us because it means that we're both at home looking for work, as a lot of it is done online these days. Applying for work online is challenging for both of us as we're both over qualified for minimum wage, and under qualified for anything else. This is down to the fact that we both only got half way through our A -levels before quitting. The hardest part is the waiting. I'd hoped we'd have gotten work four weeks ago. I know God is working on both of us, but we both need work and as soon as possible. Please pray that we're both able to get work as soon as possible as we need the money.

In exactly three weeks time Andy and I will be boarding a Rwandair, via Kigali, to South Africa to visit my parents. We'll be spending about ten days with them doing the normal holiday, touristy stuff as it will be Andy's first time in Africa. My parents are really excited to be meeting Andy for the second time (they met him for the first time at my granddad John's funeral in May). I'm also hoping to go with Andy to visit his father in about ten days' time... though there are still a few wrinkles that need ironing out.