This blog is no longer in use!

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Current Activities

A selfie with Bebe, my Rwandan sister
Greetings.

I know you're wondering what I'm up to now that I'm back in the Netherlands and what the next step might be.

Yes, I'm back in Epe, with Youth With A Mission YWAM Heidebeek and I'm here until the summer. I'm going to try and bring you up to date with why I'm back in Holland and what I'll be doing until September... and what are the GOTeams?

G(lobal) O(utreach) Teams
GO teams are short term mission trips that are run in the summer. I'm not sure how long YWAM Heidebeek have been running them for but they're an opportunity for 15-25 years olds to get a taste of what missions are. Everyone meets together for a few days at the start, in July, at YWAM Heidebeek, at a gathering called the GOFest, and then the different teams depart for seven different countries (Indonisia, Rwanda, India, Scotland, Brazil, Ukraine... and... an unknown destination; I kid you not, one team will discover their location during the GOFest. Its truly a Faith Experience). If you're interested in getting involved with one of these teams by participating, click here... I should mention that the prices are estimations and don't include travel prices to and from your homeland (if you live outside Holland).

So why did I come back?
It all began about two months ago with a question. "Will you staff a GO Team to Rwanda in July?" One of the base staff, Bas, asked me in November, during my School of Intercessory Prayer SOIP. To be honest, I wanted to say yes right away but decided to pray on it. I knew God wanted me to go with this team, so I did yes, the following evening, I think. Bas and Carl run the GO Teams program and discovered I didn't have plans between January and the start of the GOFest in July so asked if I'd volunteer with them. I did and got accepted right before I left for Paris. So I came back last week. I didn't want to post anything until I'd started because I wanted a bit of time to think about what to write... and I was a little preoccupied with being in Paris with my sister, Hannah.

What will I be doing?
Between now and July I'm going to be helping Carl and Bas with preparations for the outreaches. There's a number of teams and we're responsible for processing applications, getting everything ready, and because I already know that I'm going to Rwanda, I'll be contacting people over there to organise what we're going be doing. Its exciting! I've gone on a number of outreaches but I've never been the one responsible for the communication, but we'll get there when we get there. At the moment, things are quiet because we've got time on our hands. As the GoFeast gets closer, things will get busier. I will try to keep you posted with how things are going!