This blog is no longer in use!

Saturday 14 November 2015

Studying Daniel's Life

The view from the SOIP classroom
Greetings, dear readers.

I'm going to bring you up to speed with what's happening in my life these days.
I've just finished the outline of my character study about Daniel, a man who was truly used by God. I'm learning so much about Daniel whilst I'm doing this study. You see this is part of the school's required 'course work.' At the end of the School of Intercessory Prayer SOIP we're expected to teach on what we've learned for about forty to forty five minutes. To be totally honest I'm looking forwards to sharing what I've learned about Daniel.

Over the last week we've had a few rather interesting teachings. We had some teaching on the prophetic this last week by Arleen Westerhof. She's a Jamaican Canadian woman who is married to a Dutch man from Groningen (this is the name of both a town and a province in north eastern Nederland). She taught on a few different areas of the prophesy... things like the importance of prophesy, what to do when you receive a prophesy or a word, and she also prophesied over each of the students (as well as the staff and the guests; as it was open week Monday through Wednesday). I'm still processing and praying about what Arleen said over me. I recorded what she said on my iPhone so I can accurately copy it, word for word, into my notebook of words and prophesies (its so that I accurately go back to my book if I need to double check a word or something, or to see if a prophesy is confirmed.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
Then on Thursday and Friday, we fasted as a school along with the Discipleship Training School DTS. So we spent some praying cooperatively and on our own, on Thursday. Friday, we had lectures about the importance of having a relationship with God, and from there being able to pray effectively. Praying from the heart of the father is more effective than trying to keep praying from my own strength and zeal. This is something that links in with what I've been studying in regards to Daniel. Daniel was an extremely successful man, because he put his relationship with God before the opinions of men. You can really see this in Daniel 6, with what happened in regards to the incident with the lions' den. Daniel still prayed, even though it meant that he would probably get fed to the lions (the men who tried to get rid of him were the ones who were eaten by the lions). He wasn't afraid of the consequences that his relationship with God might have on him. He was so certain of how God saw him.

So this is a brief update of what's been happening in my life these days. 'Til next time.