This blog is no longer in use!

Sunday 22 November 2015

Giving Thanks

This is post is about the how I find the importance of giving thanks to God on a regular basis. You could say its a bit of revaluation. Just so you're aware that I've written below hasn't been effected by anything that happened over the last week or ten days or so.

Revelation: I'm so glad I know Jesus as my personal lord and savior. There's times when I know I wouldn't have been able to make it through the situations that were coming my way, if it hadn't been for Jesus. I've been through a lot in my life. Its so clear to me, as I'm writing this, that God has been his hand on my life. I'm writing this because its something has come up this week... well, its a revelation as I'm writing this post. This week we've had a week of lectures on prayer and healing, and through this week the Lord has really shown me what it means to have a relationship with Him. Choosing to give thanks is something that really has helped me. By choosing to focus on the good things, the things to be thankful for, it brings a light to the end of the tunnel. There have been times when I haven't felt like I had anything to be thankful for, there is always something to be thankful for.

A Note on the Lectures That Took Place This Last Week. On Monday one of the staff spoke on the importance of prayer and how to have a relationship with God without having religion getting in the way. Then, starting on Tuesday, we had three days of lectures from a well known Dutchman called Jan Zijlstra, who runs a number of healing crusades in the Netherlands and overseas. He also led a healing night on Friday. It was enlightening, as on Tuesday (on Jan's first day of teaching) Jan taught a lot about how Jesus was the one that God sent to us, and in turn he has sent us to go.

This Upcoming Week: We're having lectures from Jay Bennett who will be speaking the prophetic life of an intercessor. Because we're doing a school of prayer and intercession, prayer plays a huge part of this role, and being able to hear God's voice. So I'm really looking forwards to this week's lectures, and how God will reveal himself to me through these lectures. He's always showing me interesting things, even with speakers who's teachings I've kind of struggled following.

A Point Of Thankfulness: Many of you have heard about what happened in Paris last week, and that my sister, Hannah, lives there. Thankfully my sister spent that weekend with friends of ours who live in the suburbs of Paris. On Monday, she traveled down to South Africa to spend a few weeks with our parents.

Prayer Requests: Please pray that God will continue to give me strength, especially over the last few weeks of the school (we're starting week 9 tomorrow).

I'm not sure why I've ended up writing my blog in this way, and with this style, structure wise. I haven't written in like this before... In regards to the photos, the reason why I've used these passages, instead of photos from my daily life, is because God has spoken to me through them. If you want to look them up yourself, do go ahead... all these references come from the New International Version.