This blog is no longer in use!

Sunday 11 October 2015

The Cross

This week's been crazy busy. We've had some awesome lectures, which I can't begin to write down. My mind is still processing everything, even after a very quiet weekend.

The lectures and schedule for the School of Intercessory Prayer SOIP aren't as crazy busy as the Discipleship Training School DTS schedule is, but its more intense because of the material we're learning. It goes to a whole new level in intensity than the DTS does and it needs time to process, to sift through mentally. I guess that even with the extra time the lecture material still takes ages sinking in. That's why I'm so grateful for two full days off to sleep, rest and process (with the help of writing a journal that will be given to my mentor on Mondays; this helps with my processing and accountability during this school). This last week we've had lectures from Corrie Oosterhuis on The Cross. As Christians, the cross is a large aspect of our faith. Jesus gave his life on the cross so that we can have a relationship with God the Father. Because of the cross, and what Jesus did there, we can go to the father. He's our beacon through the mist and the fog.

One thing I really enjoy is biking to the base each morning. I took the picture on the right early this week when I was making my way through the cold. Yes, the weather has started dropping, but thankfully we haven't had any rain since the school started. We've had one morning when it was drizzling a little but nothing worth complaining about.

Its also been incredible being back at Youth With A Mission YWAM Heidebeek. Its incredible being with people I knew from when I did my DTS here. The DTS leaders did their DTS with me and there are some of the staff on base who were on staff three years ago, when I arrived to do my DTS.