This blog is no longer in use!

Sunday 10 August 2014

Westminster



It's another beautiful day, in the beautiful city of London. We got back to Station Road on Thursday morning. I spent the entire day at the house, relaxing. I also had the opportunity to chat with my parents.

Dinner on Thursday was prepared by the two Argentine guys, Denis and Ezequiel (Denis is one of the DTS staff but had stayed at the house whilst the July DTS are on their mini-outreach). We had quite a lot of fun together over the meal.

On Friday, the three of us walked over to Dartmouth Road to join some of the staff who live at that house. We'd been asked to help out at a conference in Westminster, near the Abbey, so we decided to travel over with them. I helped Hannah and Heidi (who came to Islington with us last week) with the registration during the morning meeting and sat in on the evening meeting, which was open to everyone who wanted to come. It didn't finish until really late, so we weren't back at Station Road until just before midnight. Denis, Ezequiel and I didn't travel back to Station Road via Dartmouth Road with the Counseling School (who'd joined us for the evening meeting), we came went straight back to the DTS house.


The July DTS arrived late last night Station Road today, though we didn't see them until we got back just before midnight, because we were in Westminster, helping with the second day of the conference. I spent more or less the entire time sitting at the book table (of course) to help with selling the books that the speaker has written. The guys were at the books table on Friday, but were helping as ushers yesterday, so I said I'd sit at the book table for them.

I'm not sure what's going to happen over the next few days. Bones starts next week and I'm helping with the King's Kids, again. I'm really looking forwards to working with the kids and with Kat and Amy. These two ladies are such an inspiration to me. They're really incredible with kids and I love working along side them.

Photographs: the entrance to the main auditorium, these words were beamed onto the wall with a projector; and the building where the British Channel 4 offices are based, we were walking past and I couldn't help but stop to take a photograph.