This blog is no longer in use!

Wednesday 23 October 2013

In The Hands Of The Almighty

Sometimes God wants to how far we will trust Him, by not allowing things to come through when we want them to. For me, trusting that my police clearance form (good behaviour report) would come in before the end of the year was hard thing for me to trust God with. I wanted to go to Australia and serve God there, as soon as possible. Yet my visa application form couldn't get submitted until I have this police clearance form. Last week I heard I couldn't get my visa without a police clearance form, which I had submitted a few weeks back and didn't expect to hear that it had been finalised until the end of November. I had to hand it back to God.

Then by the end of Tuesday (15 October 2013) I got a message from the SAPS (South African Police Station) saying that my police clearance had been finalised! I was thrilled and now I'm waiting for that to arrive. I should have it soon and then I'll be able to scan it into my laptop and send it to Australia. I still don't know how long it will take for my visa to come in, but I'm definitely hopeful that God will bring it in. He has before, He will again.

Whilst I've been waiting, God has been revealing to me what walking by faith means, and also depending on His guidance and provision, even through difficult times and situations, like Esther of Susa did. Esther later became queen of the Persian Empire, but before she was chosen she had to undergo a year of beauty treatments before her night with the king. When I was reading through the book of Esther the other day, I noticed that Esther's parents had died and her cousin, Mordecai, was raising her as his own child. Before she went into the harem of King Xerxes, Mordecai told Esther not to reveal her nationality and family background to anyone and she obeyed him (Mordecai, on the other hand, was known throughout the palace as a Jew). She trusted in her cousin and she trusted that God would use her, and He did. God placed her in her royal position to save His people, the Jews, who were living throughout the Persian Empire. I could ruin this beautiful story by telling you what happens, maybe its time you read the book of Esther?

Just like Esther, who's life was in the Hands of the Almighty, mine is, too!