This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 21 August 2017

Job Hunting

A lot has happened since I last posted here. I've given out my CV twice since I got back from NewDay, had a job interview and a trial, but am still without a job as I write this. The job interview and the trial were at a lovely little cafe in Crawley, but it came to nothing, sadly. I haven't given up hope that I'll find a job and soon. In my heart, I'm hoping and praying I get a job before the end of August, even though I've got ten days before the month's end (and this next weekend is a bank holiday weekend, so a lot of shops aren't open as long next Monday as they normally are). This disappointment has really forced me to trust in God's guidance in my life more than before. Its hard, but I know that He's got the right job for me and I'm trusting I'll find it soon. I'm not going to sit on my hands and wait for the job to fall into my lap. I know that I have to actively look for it. I'm going to the job agency and I'm also going to keep my eyes peeled to see if there's any signs in the shops of Crawley.

A pretty big answer to prayer happened a few weeks back. A few years ago the camera I took with me on my Discipleship Training School DTS outreach to Brazil stopped working properly. I did get a cheap camera last year but it wasn't good quality and didn't last. I'd talked quite a bit with Andy about wanting to get into photography again, but having to use my iPhone 6s camera as I couldn't afford a camera. Then during NewDay Andy and I were walking through the campsite, Andy told me he'd bought me a camera. A Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1. I was thrilled! Its so nice to have a good camera in my hands again. The Lumix DMC-G1 has the automatic photo mode, but it can also be used as a DSLR, the mode where you can adjust different elements, like the exposure and the lighting. It's the type of camera where you can buy different types of lenses for it. At the moment I only have one lens, the standard one that goes general shots. Both the photos in this post were taken with the Lumix.

Until the next time!