This blog is no longer in use!

Friday 7 July 2017

A Quick News Update

In about a week's time I'll be moving to England permanently. Because I'm moving outside of the Netherlands, I'm having to notify the government that I'm leaving the country and thus making visits to the Town Hall. I went in today, but was notified that I need to come in on Monday, as the government requires you let them know five days before you leave, and not before. So my visit was premature.

One thing I really enjoy about the Netherlands is the fact that everything has been made digital. So when I moved to Rijswijk, I notified the government that I'd moved through my digital government account (which I had to set up when I registered to have health insurance, a must, if you live here). However, because my host family aren't moving, I have go into the Town Hall to notify them about the move. Its really easy and straight forward thing to do.

In less than a month, NewDay 2017 will be starting. NewDay 2017 is a NewFrontiers Youth Camp for 11-19 year olds, and is taking place on the show grounds of Norwich, Norfolk, England. The week is made up of teachings and seminars, workshops and outreaches into the communities around Norwich. On average there are between 6,500 and 7,000 young people joining the conference. I'll be joining as a leader with the youth group from Redeemer International Church. I decided to go with Redeemer because I've been a part of the youth group for the last year and I feel that this will be a good week to close off my year with them. I'm really looking forwards to going as I expect that God will be doing great things in my own life and the lives of the teens that will be going. I'll be in England by this point so will be travelling to Norwich to meet the teens there. Its going to be an incredible week!

I'll make sure I post something here after NewDay is done, but I'll be posting on my Blipfoto Account on a daily basis through out NewDay 2017. The easiest way to get notified of my updates is if you create your own Blipfoto Account (personally, I would like to challenge you to your own 365 challenge on Blipfoto) and then choose to follow me, by clicking the the follow button on my profile (if you do, I'll make sure to follow you in return). Or you could save my Blipfoto page to your computer or phone's browser.

Until next time!