This blog is no longer in use!

Friday 28 August 2015

Thoughts

My mind seems to run blank when I look at my computer screen and the empty blog post window. I really want to post something here, on my blog, to keep you, my reader, up to date with what's been happening in my life over the last week or so. Yet, my life hasn't had much change since my last post... so if I wrote something, anything about my life, you'd get bored (especially if you'd read the last post I wrote last week, and the post before that). I'm also not going to write about what's happening next year. The School of Intercessory Prayer SOIP finishes on 17 December and after that I don't have fixed plans about what I'm going to do next. I'm not worried... there's no need to be worried about what's going to happen in four months time. God knows what's going to happen then and He'll let me know when the time's right for me to know. He's always done. I'm kinda hoping that my life will continue to reflect what Jesus is doing in me, and that one day I'll be able to reflect Him as honestly as I can. I know that I'm only human, but its my deep desire to know God more, to another level. That's why I followed His calling on my life and that's why I came to Holland, why I applied to do the SOIP at Youth With A Mission YWAM Heidebeek. 

Since I arrived in eastern Holland, I've been helping the people I'm staying with, doing practical stuff. Over the last week we've been trimming a lot of their trees, and then moving the branches into a pile. It has got me thinking. Sometimes, God wants to put us through a challenging time to prune us from things that aren't from Him. Over the last few years I went through a few different times of pruning and now, it seems I've come into a time of relative rest and growth. I love practical work, I love being able to work with my hands, so helping Joyce with her two ponies and the other work (like moving the branches) I've been doing here is something I real enjoying (I'm so grateful that God has given me hands that I can use practically). Though it does leave me falling into bed at night really tired (however it's usually a satisfied type of tiredness).

As I bring this post to a close, I can't help but wonder if what I've written has made sense. I'll write again soon, maybe with something more interesting.