This blog is no longer in use!

Sunday 15 March 2015

Freedom's Here

The Sunset Last Night
The end of one week and the beginning of another. Its been an incredible week, for the students and for the staff. Freedom was fought for... and by this, I mean, the students opened up and shared things (prompted by the Lord) that they hadn't generally shared with anyone else before. For many, it was extremely hard being vulnerable in front of the people they still didn't totally know (and have only known for a few short months). We'd had teaching all this week about Inner Healing, according to the Plumb-line teachings. It basically teaches that we build walls around ourselves based on the experiences, traumas that we go through in our lives and what people have said to us. Based on these experiences we build walls around ourselves that are binding. By opening up to the whole group some incredible healing took place. It was an incredible experience. A lot of the staff in YWAM Urban Key have done the FCM (Foundations for Counselling Ministries, or just the Counselling School). Inner Healing is a topic that is generally taught in the Counselling School, but not in many DTS's as it isn't one of the compulsory topics of the DTS curriculum.

The London Overground
I didn't do Inner Healing on my DTS, though different people had inner healing moments as they journeyed on their different processes with God. So when I came to London to do my LMD*** I was really surprised that it was running in both the DTS and in my LMD (though the October LMD didn't do it). I remember already dealing with something when Inner Healing came up on my DTS and thus I didn't do it, like the rest of the students. However, yesterday and the day before I felt I needed to. I won't write what I shared as we'll still be here tomorrow and most of it is too private to post anyway (what happens in Inner Healing Week stays in Inner Healing Week), but it was a great experience. I'm really grateful that I did it.

Life goes on and we're looking forwards to a new week in YWAM Urban Key, London. Its the weekend and I'm in the house, on weekend work duties. It simply means that I'm staying here to keep the house clean and the people fed. Its tiring but to some degree, I enjoy it.

We're already half way into March and Easter's going to be upon us in a few weeks, as is outreach. More information on all that is going to be announced here soon, so you'll need to wait, just like us. It won't be long before we all know what's happening in that area and I'll do my best to let you good people know what's happening. However, I do want to confirm that I am going on outreach with the DTS in April and May. Its something the Lord has spoken very strongly with me over the last six weeks or so, and I'm very excited about it.

*Youth With A Mission
** Discipleship Training School.
*** School of Leadership and Ministry Development.