This blog is no longer in use!

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Newly Fledged

It's been a week already and I can't believe I haven't posted. I've really be meaning to since I last posted but things ended up taking a turn that I didn't quite expect.


Last week I arrived back at the base and was asked on Monday night, if I wanted to sit in on the lectures of the counseling school. I wasn't sure about it but after some encouragement I decided to do it. It's been an interesting week, I can tell you. The speaker's style is unusual, as he uses more stories than other speakers I've heard. For me, I've really enjoyed that aspect, as I find it easier getting something out a talk when there are stories involved. The stories will stick in my mind and I'll think about them and try to figure out what was meant behind the story. That's one thing I love about the stories Jesus told, there are so many meanings to the parables he shared with his followers. Last week, the story of the lost son was one of the stories that Gus, the speaker, talked about. I've heard sermons and talks on this parable before but I must say that the way Gus presented his thoughts about it, have given me something to process and think about.


There's already preparation for the next LMD (School of Leadership and Ministry Development) which starts in the beginning of October. It's going to be a busy month because the school is still in its foundation years, it's only the second time the school is being run here in London and the staff are still working on finishing a few things up. It's exciting. The October LMD is also about double the size mine was, and from quite a number of different countries.


October is also a busy month for me, personally. Within a week, I'll be attending two weddings. One of these weddings are between two members of the London staff, and the other wedding is between one of the people my from DTS team and his girlfriend. I'm really thrilled for them all! It's hard to believe how fast the year is progressing, and as the weather changes, I can't help but thank The Lord for the changes that have taken place in my life. It's been an extremely challenging last few months, I can tell you. I also know that the next few months, years, will be challenging in their ways as I sense that I'll be pushed out of my comfort zone.