This blog is no longer in use!

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Outreaches

Today marks the beginning of a new week at YWAM Urban Key, London. I was on work duties on Sunday and yesterday. All that means is that one of the other students and I were responsible for taking care of the welfare of the house. So we did the cleaning, the food preparation and at least one of us was in the house for the weekend, in case someone knocked at the door and to answer the phone when it went off. It was quite relaxing being able to do something practical as it helped me thinking a few things through. It was very quiet here because the household isn't very big, and as people tend to come and go, the house wad very quiet for most of the weekends, which is really nice, actually.

With the beginning of a new week, it's hard to believe that the school is currently going into it's sixth week of lectures. This means that the lecture phase is half way through it's total length (which is three months). I'm sure some of you are wondering where both the mini-outreach and the two month outreach at the end of the lecture phase, will be taking place.

I'll start with the mini-outreach. This Friday, the six LMD (School of Leadership and Ministry Developement) will be travelling to YWAM, King's Lodge, Nuneaton by bus, for about ten days. We're going to be working with the base to prepare for the YWAM conference for England. This means that all the English YWAM bases will be gathering for the last weekend in May, for a conference and to fellowship together. Beyond that, I can't tell you much more because that's all I currently know about what we're going to be doing.

About our two month outreach, which starts on June 24th, we're still not totally sure where the outreach is going to be going, though it looks like we're going to be involved in the Wildfire Outreach (the name of the King's Kids outreach team) at the Commonwealth Games in Scotland. It's something I'm really looking forwards to, partly because I love working with kids and I can't wait to see what God is going to do, but also because I've got strong Scotish blood in my veins. I'll be sure to write and let you all know what's happening in this regard, when I know for sure what exactly is going to be happening.

A longer update will be coming over the next few days, so stay posted.