This blog is no longer in use!

Saturday 16 November 2013

Photo Update

One of the things I've really enjoyed doing is taking photographs of the world around me, be it with the camera on my phone or with my Nikon. Since the rains began the lowvelt has changed colour, very quickly. It was a dusty brown in colour as all the plants had retreated into themselves to survive the five months without rain. Now that summer is coming, so have the rains. The plants are blossoming and a new generation of baby animals are slowly emerging.

Here is just a sample of what I see around me.

A cactus flower

A flower, from one of my father's orchids

A skink that took temporary residence in my brother's helmet
The Lowvelt from the loft porch

The vow of the mountians

The lowvelt with the mountains as a back drop
My brother's newly acquired 'pet'.
If it stinks you, don't worry, you won't die.

One of the plants in our garden