This blog is no longer in use!

Monday 31 October 2016

Random Happenings

October comes to an end. Autumn is in full swing. The temperature has dropped and I've started preparing myself mentally and physically for the coming of the cold weather, even though the temperature has started to drop noticeably. Having grown up in Uganda I really struggle with the cold, even after being here four years now. My body's thermostat is a little bit off because of I grew up in a country with an unchanging base temperature. I have gotten used to the weather over the last few years, since I moved to Europe but I'm still adjusting to the weather.

This month has an interesting month for me. I've been able to see a few of my good friends from my Discipleship Training School DTS. I really enjoyed catching up with people who I haven't seen in months or even years. Seeing these people was one of the high points of this month. I've also had to make sure that I got time alone... so I've taken to slating it into my planner, Thursday for example was slated for Rachel Time, as I like to call itm but I had to make an exception (which I'll get to in the next paragraph). So that I don't go and fill all my time up, and forget to look after myself by getting enough time alone to recharge... normally this means spending time at home with my pot of coffee and my journal, or going to find somewhere to sit and write. However going out is harder now because of the dropping temperature. Its harder sitting on a bench writing in a thick coat, with cold hands (which is something I really don't like).

The internship is still going well. The various aspects of church life that I've involved in have been going well. The youth group has had two meetings (not including the time we went GO Carting), with a pretty large turn out. I also joined the Trailblazers staff for the first time last Sunday. I really enjoyed being able to help out and assist with other leaders with the lesson. I've also been able to sort out a lot of various tasks given to me by the other office staff. I also joined a life group last week, Wednesday, for the first time though I will be missing the next two weeks' meetings due to being in the UK for two different conferences.

I also went to Delft on Thursday to do some shopping and meet a friend. The shopping part didn't really work out because I had a few really specific items I needed to get for my trip to England next week and I knew where I needed to go but didn't know where these shops were because Delft is pretty much like a maze. Though I did have fun with the friend I met up with. Delft is a beautiful place. There's a lot of houses built into the canals, like in the picture (on the left) with doors on or just above the water line, the houses were build like this because back in the day, the cargo boats could unload easily... I've got loads of memories of when I visited Delft with my parents or with friends. Its a beautiful place and thankfully it's only about twenty minute bike ride away from my home. Rijswijk is situated between The Hague and Delft so its a good twenty minute to either city. Thankfully the weather has been cold and dry so biking has been really pleasant to do. If its really cold, raining or snowing then biking gets uncomfortable... I still don't like biking in the snow because of the risks.

October ends and November begins. 2016 comes closer to an end. 2017 is just around the corner. The days are going past and are getting sorter as the clocks have been moved back thus bringing the end to the Summer Time... the temperature are also dropping, slowly. Until next time.