This blog is no longer in use!

Wednesday 12 October 2016

Gym Addict

Yes, this another one of those posts about exercising and workouts. I think that many of you who knew me before this journey began probably think this is a phase. I've talked about loosing weight before and hadn't done anything about it. I also know that I've written about being lazy in my weight loss on this blog before as well.

The reason why I'm writing this post today is because I really want to encourage you to become more healthy as well. Its not just exercising, though that's also important... its also sticking to a healthy eating plan. I've almost completely cut carbohydrates (bread, rice, potatoes, etc) out of my diet. Before you start accusing me of being hypocritical in this area since you've seen me eating carbs in the months since I've said I've stopped. I do eat carbs from time to time, depending on where I am and who I'm with. By this I mean, if I'm at a function I'll eat what's served because otherwise I'll either go hungry or take too much of the protein (so other people won't end up getting any food). Sometimes people serve food with the carbs mixed into the rest of the food. I don't want to cause any problems for the cooks because I'm not technically allergic to carbs, I just don't eat them for health reasons... sometimes its really hard because I just crave food that I'm not eating. I'm very careful about.

The reason why I'm writing about food in this post is because if you're thinking about loosing weight, or are in the process of loosing weight, my biggest recommendation is look at what you're eating before you look at your exercise plan. The reason why I suggest this is because what your food consumption makes up 70% of your weight loss plan. So if you eat poorly then its pointless working out because you're eating more than you're burning. So if you cut out carbs out of your diet and increase the amount of protein and vegetables you're eating. If you're truly desperate to loose weight I'd recommend looking the Ducan Diet. I've done this diet twice and strongly recommend it. Look it up, and stick to it, no matter how hard it is. Be strong, be honest, be willing not to eat out for a while. Loosing weight is a challenge, its harder to get off than it is to put on. You have to stick to your healthy lifestyle because "what you eat in private, you wear in public."

The times I've put on weight were because of my stupid, reckless eating habits that I wasn't willing to give up and laziness. I was too lazy to workout and watch what I was eating. There's three people I'd like to give credit for kick starting my current weight loss plan. These three people are my parents and my younger brother, who encouraged me regularly to eat carefully and work out more regularly. They've as thrilled as I am about my weight loss.