This blog is no longer in use!

Friday 21 October 2016

Graffiti

The Practice Piece
Things have been going great. We had staff day on Tuesday. I don't think I wrote anything about it in my last post. So I'll do that now.

The staff day in the Redeemer Office is a lot different to the staff days in Youth With A Mission YWAM. Because we aren't such a big group as at the two YWAM bases I've worked at. This meant that we were able to spend the morning looking our personal results from a strength finder test that we've all done over the last few weeks. We then had lunch together at a lovely little restaurant that's situation on a back street, before heading off to meet an graffiti artist. This man does large scale murals in different places where he's been asked to by the government. As a staff team we had an awful lot of fun learning how to use the pray cans. The canvas on the right is the practice canvas we used on. We spent a good hour and half or so learning how to use the cans to get the effects we wanted. We then went on to making our own pieces. It was great fun. I wasn't sure what I was going to do as I felt quite out of my depth as I'm used to using oil paints, which are extremely easy to work with if you know what you're doing. I've found oil a medium that mixes easy to get the effect you want. Whilst using spray cans you can't mix the paint so have to use the spray can that contains the exact colour you want to use. The paint itself does dry very quickly, the water based stuff doesn't take as the other stuff but it is a lot of fun to use.

My Piece of Graffiti
This is why I ended up doing something that I knew I could finish with the outcome I wanted. Thus, the Scottish flag. I've got strong Scottish roots and a deep love for the nation. Since I've been reading the Outlander series I thought that it would be nice to add a Scottish flag to my bedroom. I don't know what I'm going to do with it when my internship's over. However, I've still got quite a while before my internship's over. It's a nice addition to my lovely little bedroom at Rebecca and Martijn's. I've been really enjoying living at Rebecca and Martijn's place. I must say that its great having a place to stay with people who don't work at the office. So my work life and my home life are very separate now, which is something I'm really glad about. I can switch my brain from one to other with ease now. God has been so good!

I'm really enjoying my time here in The Hague Den Haag. Life in the city is rather busier than life in Epe ever was. I'm going to start to helping out with one of the Sunday School groups this Sunday, the oldest group; Trailblazers (the 9-11 year olds). I'm looking forwards to it. I've also been helping out with the youth group, which I've also been enjoying being a part of.

The next impact training block in England is coming up quickly and I'm looking forwards to it. There's a few people in the office who are going over to England beforehand for two prayer days in Sidcup, and I'll be going with them for that and then say on for the training block.