This blog is no longer in use!

Friday 7 October 2016

Autumn News

St. Jacobstraat, Where The Office Is
Autumn has hit in force with the temperatures dropping considerably. There's also a slight edge to the wind. Its jacket weather now. Despite the fact that I'm glad that it's not as hot as it was a few weeks ago, I'm not a big fan of colder weather, having grown up in Uganda. I know I've survived through three winters (I was here for the full winter I was here in part) in the last four years and I'm still not used to the cold. Though that's slowly changing.

Things have gotten busier over the last few days, since my post. I've been really busy with helping arrange different trips to the UK, especially for the Connect Conference in Sidcup in November and for Academy in January. I'm also involved with working on the newsletters for the church and getting interviews etc. Its getting busier. I'm enjoying it. I've had learn to find ways to make sure I do get my rest.

One of the things that has changed since I moved to The Hague Den Haag, is that I've got a social life again. I should quickly point out that by social life it means that I'm seeing people I don't work or live with. When I lived in Heerde, I didn't have much of a social life out side of Youth With A Mission YWAM, I didn't really see anyone who didn't work with YWAM... given that I didn't really see anyone after work (because I needed time alone, away from the people I'd spent the entire day with). However this has changed. A number of people who I met during my Discipleship Training School DTS who also living in this area so I've made plans to see different friends over the next few weeks so I've got more a social life now than I have done in a while.

As time moves, I've realized how close my birthday and Christmas are. These two events together aren't on my list of favorite events (I should probably write about how I feel about Christmas and my birthday at a later date) and this year I still don't have plans. I'm going to be working in the office on my birthday and there's a Sunday service on Christmas Day. Though the week after I do have some free time... what makes it quite hard is the fact that my sister's going to be in South Africa with my parents and brother. So I'm attempting not to think about spending my first Christmas away from four people I love the most. I have spent one Christmas on outreach in Brazil when I was doing my DTS but at the time I hadn't realized how important family is. Anyway, more about that in an upcoming post.

Whilst I'm here, I want to take a moment to direct you to my poetry blog. I've been writing poetry for a few years and only really started writing regularly in October 2012. Then two years ago I created a website where I can post a few of my favorites that aren't too personal (a lot of my poems are too personal to post; I rarely even let my close friends read them). Anyway, the website is just-stay-home-poems.blogspot.nl/.

Until next time.