This blog is no longer in use!

Sunday 16 October 2016

I Do Still Write

A few month ago, I wrote about one of my longer term habits. The habit of keeping a journal. Its something that won't change because I can't live without. When I first started writing, aged eleven, I wrote a lot about what was happening in my life at that time. During my school years, I wrote down my perspective of the bullying I lived through almost daily. As I got older I started writing about my dreams for the future. I still write down my dreams for the future, though its taken a turn towards dreams I feel God has given me that I'm praying through. I find it so interesting to see how these dreams develop and change over time. There have been quite a few times when I've been forced to release these dreams back to God because I'm not the right person to be a part of seeing them come to fulfillment. I'll give an example. Years and years ago, I really wanted to go to London. I don't remember when it was (my memories aren't clear on where I was or the date)... when I did move to London in April 2014 I was thrilled. In the fourteen months that followed I knew I was in the right place. I didn't know why, but I knew London was my city. I wanted to live in London forever. This all changed in May 2015. I was on outreach with a Discipleship Training School DTS team in the Middle East when God led me to apply to do the School of Intercessory Prayer SOIP at Youth With A Mission YWAM Heidebeek. God directed me to work with the GOTeams department at YWAM Heidebeek for nine months after the SOIP ended. I still prayed about going back to London, I still wrote entries in my journal that oozed with my desire to return to London, which was why I struggled, initially, with the idea of doing this internship. The dream of living and working in London is a dream I've handed back to God. I'm here in Den Haag The Hague for as long as God wants me here for. If He tells me to stay after the internship is over, then I will. I've written about this a lot in my journal. I'm not going to go into detail about how I feel about staying longer. That's between God and me. My highest desire is to honour God in all I do and to obey Him by putting roots down where He's placed me, which is here in The Hague for the time being. I'm grateful that I have friends in the church and the area. I'm also glad I've my journal (I think I'll be finishing this one over the next few months).

I have said that I would write about my life story, based on what I've written over the years. I don't know if I'll ever actually do this because my journals are extremely personal and I think I'll probably over-sensor what I've written since I started writing. Its a decision that I'm still thinking and will keep thinking about, until I have the time to do something about it. So please don't expect an autobiography of my life soon.