This blog is no longer in use!

Wednesday 5 October 2016

A Game Of Shadows And Sunsets

The Sky on Sunday Morning
Life moves on. Summer turns into autumn and the weather gets colder. You'll notice it when you have to get out of bed before six o'clock in the morning so you can hit the gym by seven o'clock when it opens. Yes, I went to the gym this morning, despite having to stay home on Monday, as well as on into Tuesday morning, due to having contracted a cold last week (thanks to having to bike home in the rain on Thursday). I'm feeling a lot better, partially thanks to a work out this morning and having Monday and Tuesday morning off.

Since I was sick for a day and half I've not really been in the office this week, well before yesterday afternoon. When I came in yesterday, I wanted to help with the preparation for the "This is Redeemer" Evening as well as taking part in the evening itself. "This is Redeemer" is an evening meeting for those interested in becoming members of Redeemer. Three of the leadership team ran us through the church's DNA and what Redeemer International Church is all about. I really enjoyed it.

A Week Ago I Took This Photo
We also had the first youth group of this academic year on Sunday evening. I stayed in the city until it began because I didn't want to go home only to return the office in time for the leaders meeting before.

The youth group is large enough to be divided nicely into two groups (by age: 13-15 and 16-18 years old). I'm helping out with the younger group. They're a great bunch of young international teenagers who have been coming to Redeemer with their parents. Many of their parents work here in The Hague Den Haag with various organisations or government divisions and have been coming to Redeemer as it's one of the only English speaking churches in this city. Its a great privilege being able to be able to work with the youth group. It does bring back a lot of memories of when I was growing up and for many years my dad was also my youth leader (I did go to other youth groups, where other people were my youth leader).

Until next time.