This blog is no longer in use!

Saturday 3 May 2014

Under An English Sky

Greetings, reader, from cold, dry London. I say 'cold' because I still find the weather a bit too cold for my liking, but I'd better get used to it. The weather has been all over the place, sunny one day and overcast and rainy the next. We have had a change of schedule because of a few very overcast, rainy days this last week. 

It's been another busy week for the LMD students. The house has had more people arrive, so it wasn't as quiet as it was the last time I posted. The base leaders returned from Argentina on Monday, and Mary, the last LMD student to arrive, came yesterday. So there's five of us in the room now, instead of four (there was the four of us before Mary arrived). It's nice that we're all here. I've also had people staying in the house over the weekend. They've come for a Hillsong conference call Colour (if I remember correctly), so are staying with us. I was able to help prepare the room for them.

The last week interesting. We haven't gone out as much as we would or should have done, because the weather hadn't been nice enough to do what we needed to do so we've had a lot of lectures. So here's a quick run down of what we've been up to over the last few days.

You know that on Monday I visited the Tower of London (the first photo in the post is of London Bridge taken from the outer defenses of the Tower). Then on Tuesday we worked on our media projects for most of the morning and went to the Station Road house for some time together in The Lord's presence and on Wednesday we had a government lesson and in the evening we worked with Salvation Army in Harlesden.  We were had our work duties rotated, so I'm now cleaning the living room. On Thursday, for the morning and early afternoon, we were supposed to go out on evangelism but the rain stopped us from going, though it didn't stop us from going to the YWAM community meeting at Notting Hill.

Friday saw us with another change in the schedule. We were supposed to have a small group in the morning, but it was moved to yesterday evening. So we had some extra free time and we then worked on our media project some more. In the afternoon we had another lesson on government. Mary also arrived yesterday afternoon. Today we went to go Harlesden to do some evangelism work with some churches and with Salvation Army. I helped with the face painting, which I really enjoyed. When I went to Brazil I did some face painting, but just turning my team members into clowns, and not so much with children. It was a lot of fun today, especially when one of the girls from Wildfire (the name of YWAM's King's Kids in the United Kingdom) wanted to have a pink hippo on her face. I've never drawn or painted a hippo before in my life, so doing it for the first time on a four year old is a a big step.

This weekend I'm back in Rochester with my great aunt and uncle. I stayed with them when I first arrived in England back in March. This weekend is also a bank holiday weekend in the UK so I'm hoping to be able to spent some time with my cousins. I briefly saw them when I arrived. The reason I couldn't seen a lot of time with them was because they were all working over the weekend or studying for their up coming exams, three out of the four them have their A levels (the last of their high school exams) coming up. These exams are extremely emportant as they decide whether or not a student can get into a certain university course or not. It's very stressful as the papers are different every year and no one (except the exam writers) know exactly what's in the paper until it's opened on the day of the exam.

Well, I gotta go now. Need to leave for another activity. I'll write again soon, so keep an eye out!