This blog is no longer in use!

Wednesday 22 March 2017

Spring Is Coming

The View Outside The Place We Were Staying With The Youth Group
The Netherlands is slowly emerging from winter's cold and icy grip... biking to work in the mornings are generally dry affairs, but occasionally there's rain. I'm still not used to the merciless European rain and biking in it can be cruel. After I got back from impact, I house sat for some friends and I got soaked on the way there (and spent several hours in wet clothes). The flowers are starting to come out. Spring isn't my favourite season but I do prefer the warmth of spring and summer to the winter's coldness.

A big highlight for me this month has been the youth weekend away in Woundenburg. We had ten teenagers and four staff at a quaint little place in the countryside. We had three seasons of teaching and a few small groups (we divided the group into two; the 12-14's and 15-18's). We also played several games and had an absolute blast together... Rhodé (the youth leader) came up with some pretty cool games that entailed with many memories that will last a long time to come. I'm really enjoying working with the teens. It's one of those things on my calendar that I look forwards to, as they're a great group and a lot of fun to be with.

Over the last few weeks, I've been busy sorting through preparations for the future and working on various tasks that come with being an intern. I'm still enjoying the work I'm doing and I love the challenges it brings. A few weeks back, a few of us flew over to Sidcup, England, for the NewGround Prayer Days. On the whole I learned a lot about myself and God's faithfulness.

I'm still working on my plans for the future. There are a few question marks that I'm working towards answering and solving but I'll post here once I know what exactly is going to happen. It's exciting. I'm enjoying the challenges that come with looking forwards. I've written before about plans to stay in The Hague Den Haag and I'm slowly starting to formulate the next step in this regard.

I've been asking for your help for a few weeks now and no one seems to want to help anymore. This is the last survey I'm asking you to fill out for a while, as I want to make sure that I'm making good changes with my blog. I know that people have commented before about what I've been writing. My thinking goes as follows: if I don't know I'm making the right changes how can I improve? You can help by filling in the survey for me (so far I've only had two responses). Just click here.